How can dating affect custody decision

If you are interested in dating a sex offender perhaps the best thing you can do for your child is allow him/her to live with the other parent, out of contact with the sex offender. I have received a summons for paternity and related relief. I have been recently convicted of a felony:violent crime; which is petitioner's reason why it would be of best interest my child live with him , I only would get visitations. I met my boyfriend through a very good friend of mine.She and I worked in an office together and her brother(my boyfriend) has spent almost 10 years in prison and is due to be released soon.The child support order, and whether one should be issued, depends on the actual placement schedule and each parent’s income.In Wisconsin, the Department of Children and Families promulgates percentage standards for child support.Look up everything you can about Pedophilia and then make an informed decision.I'm sure your "ex" will bring this up if he has an interest in getting custody away from you.If I were to date a man convicted of a felony, can the father of my child ( we have joint custody) try to take my parental rights away?This man that I am considering dating was charged with indecent liberties with a minor.

The parties are required to consult and attempt to reach agreement with respect to major decisions affecting the lives of the minor children.

Failure to pay child support is not a basis for denying another parent their placement time.

In Wisconsin, the child must be emancipated in order to independently decide where he or she wants to live; this usually occurs when the child turns 18 or graduates from high school.

Alternatively, the parents can be awarded joint legal custody, but one parent can be awarded decision-making authority as to one or more areas of joint custody, to allow a decision to be made if the parties cannot reach an agreement, subject to review by the court.

This designation to one parent is often done if the parents have difficulty communicating, have different beliefs governing an issue, or if one parent is a significant distance from the other.

Leave a Reply